Fred R. on Yelp

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Soundtrack to Your Life?

So I came upon this site the other day, and thought: "Wouldn't it be cool if as we were living each day, the appropriate song was playing in the background?" I know there are songs that instantly transport me back to different times in my life.

The Wonder Years TV show made me wish someone was narrating my life as well, but that's another blog post for another day...

The wonder of iPods (and mp3 players in general) is that they make it easy for home DJs to put together hit lists that often serve as our personal soundtracks. I know that mix tapes and boom-boxes get a lot of credit for this concept (Cue John Cusack in Say Anything and High Fidelity) but even the process of burning your own CD was a singular process and a snapshot in time. MP3s changed all that. They were small and easily portable. When the proper players came out that took them off of hard drives and placed them in our pockets, the true revolution began. 

So this post asks you to share if you care to:

Does your life have a Theme Song?

Do you have a soundtrack playing in your mind at different times?  


Did the MP3 development make it easier to hear your personal soundtrack?


Thanks in advance for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment